The ATS696 is a combined Hall-effect sensing integrated circuit and EMC protection circuit that provides a user-friendly, PCB-less solution for crankshaft applications.
The ATS696 incorporates a three Hall element Hall IC that switches in response to differential magnetic signals created by a ferrous target. The IC contains a sophisticated compensating circuit designed to eliminate the detrimental effects of magnet and system offsets to provide speed and direction information. Digital processing of the analog signal provides zero-speed performance independent of air gap and also dynamic adaptation of device performance to the typical operating conditions found in automotive applications that require reduced vibration sensitivity. Adaptive switching thresholds and Hysteresis in the thresholds reduces the negative effects of any anomalies in the magnetic signal associated with the targets used in many automotive applications. The combination of high accuracy with direction information provides absolute crankshaft position in the cases of backlash associated with stop-start engine designs.
Customer-programmable thresholds allow fine adjustment of switchpoints for compensation of mechanical tolerances.
Customer-programmable options through EEPROM allow for performance optimization to meet specific application requirements.
The ATS696 is available in a lead (Pb) free 3-pin SM package with a 100% matte-tin-plated lead-frame.
• Allegro SM package with integrated EMC components provides robustness to most automotive EMC requirements
• Optimized robustness against magnetic offset variation
• Small signal lockout for immunity against vibration
• True zero-speed operation
• Air gap independent switchpoints
• Large operating air gaps achieved through use of gain adjust and offset adjust circuitry
• Customer-programmable switchpoints for mechanical tolerances compensation
• EEPROM programming for performance optimization and production traceability
• Differential sensing provides stray field immunity
• Available in K, KH or UC style packages to allow for customer designed magnetic profiles
Allegro’s products are not to be used in any devices or systems, including but not limited to life support devices or systems, in which a failure of Allegro’s product can reasonably be expected to cause bodily harm.